Technology is constantly changing the way the world does business. From accounting software to point-of-sale systems, high-tech solutions such as cloud voice over IP create a quicker, more efficient method to earn cash, cut costs, and increase profitability.
Cloud-based hosting providers have also provided a cost-effective way to conduct business, including data storage, software as a service (SaaS), and more.
Voice over internet protocol (VoIP) is another more recent addition to cloud-based options. With a number of benefits over traditional phone systems, it might be the perfect solution for your business.
What Is Cloud Voice Over IP (VoIP)?
If you’ve ever contacted a client or held a virtual meeting through Skype, Google Hangouts, or Facebook Messenger, you’ve used VoIP technology.
The difference between these consumer VoIP products and cloud-based VoIP is that the cloud-based version uses a third-party provider to host the communication.
This means that you don’t need the VoIP hardware to conduct your phone calls or video chats. Instead, the third-party provider hosts the VoIP hardware and the local/long-distance telephone VoIP line at a secure off-site location, giving you the utmost security and a plethora of other benefits.
The Benefits of a Cloud-Based Voice Over IP for Your Business
In comparison to traditional phone and communication systems, cloud-based VoIP has numerous benefits for your business:
• Reduced costs – In every facet, cloud-based VoIP is more affordable. There are no setup fees, no charges for international calls, and you need minimal equipment to get started. Plus, cloud-based VoIP’s simplicity and ease of use do not require a full-time or part-time IT professional to configure it.
• Comprehensive and powerful – Like a traditional phone system, cloud-based VoIP allows you to make calls across the globe, but it offers even more communication solutions. You can share files and set up video conferences with a few mouse clicks. In addition, you can link your VoIP with some of the most popular business applications such as Google Docs, Microsoft Office, and SalesForce.
• Easily transferable – If your business is expanding and you need to change offices, transferring your cloud-based VoIP is much faster, cheaper, and simpler than a traditional phone system. You don’t need to get a new number or go through the rigmarole with the phone company. Just one call can often get you ready to roll at your new location.
• Mobility – Before cloud-based VoIP was available, you had to be at the office to receive and make phone calls to other business parties. With cloud-based VoIP you can field calls from anywhere you have an internet connection, giving you an advantage when you’re always on the go.
• Reliability – If your phone lines should go down, you’re at the mercy of the phone company to get you up and running again. In the business world, time is money, and you can lose business every minute you’re waiting for your phone lines to be fixed.
With cloud-based VoIP, you can connect through your phone or switch internet connections to solve the problems. Plus, you can troubleshoot any issues you may have with the software much more efficiently than with a traditional landline.
These are just a few of the many advantages of a cloud-based VoIP system for your business, but certainly not all. Once you make the switch, you’ll notice all of the benefits throughout your operations.
LAN WAN has helped hundreds of clients stay ahead of the curve when it comes to technological advancements that boost their everyday operations. We are an Orange County IT consulting firm dedicated to businesses throughout Southern California.
There are two types of business owners: the technologically proactive and the laggard. Don’t be the latter.
By including cloud voice over IP in your business toolbox, you can enjoy reduced costs, exceptional service, and a satisfied pool of employees and customers.
Few other business solutions can offer that type of comprehensive bonus. Contact us and together let’s discover all that cloud-based VoIP can do for your business today.